Time running out for pre FLOS projects to start on site
1st February 2023
In June 2022 the Government implemented new guidance for Parts F, L, O and S.
Applications received prior to 15th Jun 2022 have until 15th June 2023 to make a substantive start or they will have to be redesigned to the new guidance. This applies on a plot by plot basis so for example an application for 2 houses would require a start on each house.
The Government have confirmed that the following would constitute a substantive start for the purposes of the building regulations:
- excavation for strip or trench foundations or for pad footings
- digging out and preparation of ground for raft foundations
- vibrofloatation (stone columns) piling, boring for piles or pile driving
- drainage work specific to the building(s) concerned.
However, the following work would not count.
- removal of vegetation
- demolition of any previous buildings on the site
- removal of top soil
- removal or treatment of contaminated soil
- excavation of trial holes
- dynamic compaction
- general site servicing works (e.g. roadways).
We are anticipating huge demand for our services in June so please try to avoid leaving it until the last minute to make a start and book your inspection, as we will need to have undertaken an inspection in order to verify the works have commenced in time. We will be writing to affected clients over the coming weeks, but advise that you ensure that you have a groundwork contractor engaged and ready to make a start in May to reduce any risk of delay due to weather or materials.